Hey Dads, your little guys really love to read with you! Our friends at Brightly have shared favorite books from eight dads, and so we share them here with you, along with their library catalog links.
Or, you could make a holiday gift of one or more of these books, and a reading “date card” to put on your family calendar. Just sayin’ . . .
Read on for the dad recommendations at Brightly.“Few things in life make my heart go all aflutter like the sight of my husband curled up on the couch reading to one of our daughters. The snuggles, the reading voice, the attentiveness — I just know that I’m witnessing a cherished memory being made, and it feels like magic.
We asked eight dads to talk about their favorite picture book to read to their kids.” Jennifer Garry, at Brightly
- My Dad thinks he’s Funny by Katrina Germein
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
- The Book with No Pictures by BJ Novak
- Peek-a-Moo! by Marie Torres Cimarusti
- The Enormous Crocodile by Roald Dahl
- Yummy Yucky by Leslie Patricelli
- The Monster at the End of This Book by Jon Stone
- Magical Secret Garden by Cicely Mary Barker