Are you needing a break from your screens? Me too! Let us take a break and head outside for today’s game of hopscotch!
- Chalk or tape to mark the squares
- Bottle cap or stone for your game marker
- Setup: Draw or tape out eight squares
- Enjoy hopping through each box, jump on one foot for each individual box and two feet for boxes side by side, one foot in each box. Keep going until you cannot go anymore!
- First person tosses their bottle cap in the first square, hop on one foot over box #1 into box #2 and keep going until the end.
- Turn around and hop back through, stopping in box #2 to pick up your marker from box #1
- Hop in and out in box #1, next person goes until everyone has had a turn.
- On the next round each person will toss their marker into box #2, remember, this time to hop into box #1 on one foot and hop over box #2. Players must always hop over the box that has the bottle cap or stone.
A player is out if:
- the marker does not land in the proper square;
- the hopper steps on a line;
- the hopper loses balance when bending over to pick up the marker and puts a second hand or foot down;
- the hopper goes into a square where a marker is;
- or, if a player puts two feet down in a single box.
Or try this creative approach to hopscotch:
Thanks for playing, see you next time!