Need help with your resume? Looking for a job? Looking for a career change? Then check out this list of local and national employment resources.
- Workforce Boulder County is an excellent resource for those changing careers, seeking new careers, or looking to hire.
- ReferenceUSA is a powerful research tool which provides access to several useful databases, including: U.S. Businesses, U.S. Jobs and Internships, U.S. Healthcare, and more. Have your Lafayette card number (or get a temporary card) to use this resource.
- Connecting Colorado is part of a state and county-run system. You can post your resume, apply for a specific job, or do a self-directed job search through their jobs database.
- Career Online High School (COHS) is an accredited high school diploma and career certificate program offered free of charge by Boulder Public Library in partnership with Colorado State Library.
- eResumes & Resume Writing Services is a comprehensive set of resume, eResumes, and cover letter tutorials, tips, and examples.
- College Grad Resumes provides research information to help you build a resume that will make you stand out from the rest. Learn how to develop your video resume, and find sample resumes for colleges, sample reference and quick start templates, and more.
- AARP is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that primarily helps people 50 and older improve their lives. They include excellent articles about job searching useful for job-seekers of any age.
- National Resource Directory is a searchable database of resources vetted for Service members, veterans, family members and caregivers.
- United States Department of Labor Veterans’ Employment and Training Service (VETS) connects you to employers hiring veterans, service providers, transitioning service members, resources, programs and much more.
- Job-Hunt provides articles and tips on a host of timely and topics to help job seekers in today’s market.
- Indeed aggregates other job search websites for easy searching.
- LinkedIn: is a networking site where you can connect with colleagues, friends, and coworkers. A resume tool is provided for you to post your professional resume.
Also, try some of these local networking groups: