Need help with your resume? Looking for a job? Looking for a career change? Then check out this list of local and national employment resources.
- Dress for Success Denver: Since 2006, Dress for Success Denver has transformed the lives of over 17,000 women. They offer professional suiting, career center coaching, networking, and a Professional Women’s Group.
- CareerOneStop is a site sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor with detailed information about occupations, self-assessments, salaries, career transition tools, job search tips, training and scholarship information, unemployment insurance, and more.
- Colorado Virtual Library has put together several resource lists for businesses.
- Cover-Letters.com: Search through a variety of cover letter examples addressed for specific job titles.
- USAJOBS is the federal government’s comprehensive job listings and employment information site.
- Indeed is a free service to job seekers, where you can upload a resume, create job alert emails, and search for jobs.
- Glassdoor is an online job board as well as an employer review website.
- 211 Colorado is a confidential and multilingual service connecting people to vital resources across the state. No matter where you live in Colorado, you can find information about resources in your local community.
- GCFLearnFree.org: Information on how to create a resume and why you need one.
- Colorado Department of Labor & Employment connects job seekers with jobs, provides an up-to-date and accurate picture of the economy to help decision making, assists workers who have been injured on the job, ensures fair labor practices, helps those who have lost their jobs by providing temporary wage replacement through unemployment benefits, and protects the workplace.
- Jobing.com: Find jobs and get help with your resume.
Need more resources? Then check out this earlier blog post on Employment Resources.
Also, try some of these local networking groups:
- BoulderNet is a general networking group with members from diverse professional backgrounds.
- Northern Colorado Networking Group (NoCoNet) specializes in helping job seekers develop job search and interviewing skills, and enable opportunities to network with companies and the people who work there.