We want to share this great post from Jared Alexander of The Portalist! Read the full article and find the books in our catalog by clicking the titles below.
Need a break from the real world of 2020? Me, too. Personally, I’ve been leaning into fantasy to help me escape. Featuring fantastical worlds and far-off adventures, these books have given me the beautiful gift of helping block out the constant anxiety and lift me up at a time when I need it most.
Luckily, there’s a wide range of contemporary Black authors writing exceptional fantasy and sci-fi. These nine books by Black fantasy authors are getting me through 2020. Continue Reading…
– Jared Alexander, The Portalist
- Black Leopard, Red Wolf By Marlon James
- Children of Blood and Bone By Tomi Adeyemi
- A Song Below Water By Bethany C. Morrow
- The City We Became By N.K. Jemisin
- The Deep By Rivers Solomon
- Rage of Dragons By Evan Winter
- Gingerbread By Helen Oyeyemi
- Black Girl Unlimited By Echo Brown
- The Gilded Ones By Namina Forna