Each year, on the third Monday of January, America honors the birth, life, and dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr. King was a social activist and Baptist minister who played a key role in the American civil rights movement during the mid-1950s. Want to learn more about Dr. King? Then check out these books, geared for teens in grades 6-12, to learn more!
- “A Time to Break Silence: The Essential Works of Martin Luther King, Jr., for Students” by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Martin Luther King, Jr” by Thomas Siebold
- “Turning 15 on the Road to Freedom: My Story of the 1965 Selma Voting Rights March” by Lynda Blackmon Lowery
- “Chasing King’s Killer: The Hunt for Martin Luther King, Jr.’s Assassin” by James L. Swanson
- “Dear Martin” by Nic Stone
-Contributed by Kelli