Each year, on the third Monday of January, America honors the birth, life, and dream of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr. King was a social activist and Baptist minister who played a key role in the American civil rights movement during the mid-1950s. Want to learn more about Dr. King? Then check out these books, geared for Adults, to learn more!
Books written by Martin Luther King, Jr
- “Strength to Love” by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Stride Toward Freedom: the Montgomery Story” by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Where Do We Go From Here: Chaos or Community?” by Martin Luther King, Jr.
Books about his life
- “The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr” by Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Bearing the Cross: Martin Luther King, Jr., and the Southern Christian Leadership Conference” by David Garrow
- “Redemption: Martin Luther King Jr.’s Last 31 hours”” by Joseph Rosenbloom
- “Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.: a Historical Perspective” by Thomas Friedman
- “My Life, My Love, My Legacy” by Coretta Scott King
- “To the Promised Land : Martin Luther King and the Fight for Economic Justice” by Michael Honey
Black America since MLK
- “And Still I Rise: Black America since MLK” by Henry Louis Gates, Jr.
- “Black America since MLK: and Still I Rise” by PBS Distribution
-Contributed by Kelli