April is National Poetry Month! Started in 1996 by the Academy of American Poets, National Poetry Month is a month long celebration of poetry and poets! In honor of it being National Poetry Month, Allison has put together some of her favorite books written in verse!
- The Crossover by Kwame Alexander
- Love That Dog by Sharon Creech
- Other Words for Home by Jasmine Warga
- Diamond Willow by Helen Frost (Also, check out Allison’s book review of Diamond Willow)
- Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson